Thursday, June 19, 2008

Celtics Parade

I was in downtown Boston today doing a bit of research and almost decided to watch the "rolling rally" parade for the Boston Celtics (for those of you who don't know, they just beat the LA Lakers for the NBA championship). It was way too crowded. Good for the home team. I saw alot of Celtics jerseys being worn. I am sure as the Celtics parade past there will be many who will be saying "thank you Celtics." I personally think it should be the other way, the Celtics should be thanking US for our hard spent money spent on tickets and merchandise (often marked up 1000s of percents). It's an interesting trend, to have a jobs like the athletes and management do - not only do you get worshipped, you get paid millions to be worshipped. All I need to do is find a business of similar way - where people will shell out big time for the privilege of being associated with you in some way. (Well I never refer to the hometown teams as "we"...if it were "we" then I should be sharing in their money too). Go Celtics, Go Patriots, Go Red Sox, Go Bruins, Go Revolution!

No comments:

Post a Comment