Friday, July 14, 2017

Today I checked in at 153 lbs (70kg) after being at 170 in early May... so 10% of me is now gone.  I'm going to share some things that I have been doing.  I can't say with absolute proof that they work.  Also note the disclaimer which ironically tells you to do what this post is about.

The scale read 153.0 lbs so 10% of me is gone before lunch time today. 17 (7.7 kg) lbs since early May. The left is me now with some distortion due to the camera lens.

Before trying to lose weight I met with my physician and a registered dietitian. I felt it was important to assess if I had any special conditions that I would need to address and make special accommodations for.  What I was seeking to prevent was being frustrated or failing because of an unknown factor , or in the worst case causing harm to myself.  Also, I discovered that finding out more about the consequences of obesity/being overweight has been more motivating.   As an example my Asian genetic background makes me more vulnerable to obesity related co-morbidity factors at a lower level of obesity than let's say your average Caucasian.

It is unfortunate that in the country I live in, access to health care isn't easy, but I think one should if possible visit the doctor before engaging in weight loss.  I hope that someday everyone in my country and the world will be able to get healthcare when they need it.


The above does not constitute medical advice and is meant for informational purposes only.  Please consult a physician before engaging in any weight loss program

No comments:

Post a Comment